Prostate Cancer Treatment
If you have more aggressive or late-stage cancer, you and your doctor might choose to start treatment. Your treatment plan will depend on what type of prostate cancer you have and if it has spread to other areas of your body. Your treatment might include:
- Surgery to remove the prostate and cancer
- Chemotherapy to kill cancer cells anywhere in the body
- Immunotherapy to use your own immune system to destroy cancer cells
- External beam radiation therapy for burning away prostate cancer cells from the outside
- Hormone therapy to slow or stop tumor growthc
We strive to offer you the best treatment options for your specific cancer, whether you want care now or in the future. Through our partnership, you can get expert opinions from Roswell Park doctors on what type of treatment is best for you and feel confident in your care.